My Favorite Pieces
- This notched collar blazer is SO good. I got it in both white and pink and I think they’re something so chic about the collar versus a regular lapel. I got them both in an XSP because I like my blazers to be fitted, but when you roll down the sleeves, they are a tad bit short. Luckily, I usually wear my sleeves rolled up anyway! P.S. It’s a knit fabric, which makes it super soft, but still structured. I’m really excited to dress this blazer up or down and might have to go back and get it in gray too!
- If you’ve ever shopped the NSale before, you know that cardigans are on of its main staples. They’re like Nordstrom’s bread and butter. I got this $31 cardigan in both ‘brown cattail’ and ‘cedar rose’ and I’m loving them both. They’re obviously very comfy, but the colors are both so perfectly fall. It looks like they’re all still fully stocked in all sizes too!
- I didn’t expected to like this nubby cardigan, but I was intrigued by the texture. It’s SO ridiculously soft that you can wear it while out or just lounging around at home and it feels like you’ve been hugged by a cloud. Sadly, it looks like it’s sold out, but keep checking — it might pop back in stock once people make their returns!
- These pajamas are an updated version of the black set I bought from last year’s sale. I lived in them all year long and now I’ve been sleeping in the light blue version ever since they came in last week. I wanted to love the pink set, but sadly the fabric wasn’t opaque enough. Let’s just say, you could see my nude color underwear through the pink set!
- I’ve been bringing this tote to work all week. I love the large size — it fits my laptop, my lunch, a clutch and my workout gear!
- Nothing motivates me to work out like new workout gear. Zella is Nordstrom’s in-house athletic brand and they have a ton of great stuff on sale. I love these high-waisted cropped leggings (it comes in three solids and a pretty pink print!). Since I’m only 5’2″, I typically go for a cropped length and it usually ends up hitting me around the ankles.
- I’ve been in the market for a pair of white sneakers for more than a year and these pair of Nikes are part of the sale! They look so fresh that I’m kind of scared to wear them on the streets of NYC! I’m not sure I’d actually work out in them. They’ll probably be my go to shoes for running errands of travel.
- You’ve already seen these white culotte pants on the blog from earlier this week. I also wore them in the office and got so many compliments! Just a note: they run a little big so size down if you can! I’m wearing a size 0 and it’s not as snug as I’d like, but not a deal breaker.
- How fun is this cylinder bag? I don’t have anything like it already in my purse collection and at $34, I figured it’s an easy way to inject a little fun into my wardrobe.
- I’m a firm believer that you can never have too many easy t-shirts — especially if they’re striped! I love this $12 tee. The fabric is very soft and it’s long enough to knot in front (my favorite way to wear tanks and tees lately).
On the Fence
- If you couldn’t tell, I have a thing for wide leg pants. To use a very overused word, I think they look so chic. I’m debating on whether to keep these navy culottes. They fit perfectly, but they’re darker than they look online that it’s a little hard to it’s navy. I think I need to give it a test run in the sun!
- I’m digging this striped wrap blouse, but I’m not quite sure whether it fits in with my wardrobe. I don’t wear too much red, but it fits beautifully is the perfect mix between feminine and sharp. The more I stare at the photo below, the more I’m inclined to keep it!
- This sleevelsss wrap dress and this surplice jumpsuit are both the perfect date night looks — like a smokin’ date night look! I recommend them both if you’re looking for a going out outfit, but these days, you can most likely find me hanging around the apartment. Not sure if I’ll get enough use out of them to justifying keeping.
- I definitely do not need another navy dress in my wardrobe but this scallop beauty is so beautiful! It’s perfect to wear to work, brunch, church, weddings — you name it. It also comes in a top version, which is also perfect for the occasions listed. Please buy them both so I can live vicariously through you!
- Again, I don’t really need another blanket scarf in my life. In fact, I recently purged all but one scarf. But this colorful striped scarf is having me second guess myself. It’s very a cozy and since I travel a lot, it might come in handy as a shawl.
- I was intrigued by the sleeves on this dress. I ordered it in a 0 and it just felt/looked really tight around the midsection. No thanks!
- This dress looks super sexy on the model, but I just wasn’t feeling it on me. It’s made of a sweater material, which I thought was cool, but it kind of makes it hang pretty heavy on the thin straps.
- I wanted to like this ruffle neck blouse, but I don’t love the smocked detail around the neck.
- You know I love a good jumpsuit, but even with an XS, the back of this navy jumpsuit fit a little loose on me while the waist felt tight.
- I’m not sure who I thought I was trying to pull off this top. I’m just not that cool!!
- In a mad, sale-crazed dash, I ordered this printed skirt. When I saw it in person, I realized it’s just not my style, but I think it could be super cute!
- I love wrap dresses, but this floral number just wasn’t sitting right against my chest.
- Between the ruffle neckline and the bell sleeves, there was just too much going on with this floral dress for my petite body to handle!
I realize that was a lot! Anyone else have that problem?? I’ve already made an initial shipment of returns, but I plan on spending this weekend really thinking about what else I want to keep and return. Hope some of these reviews help you in your shopping!
Do you have any favorite pieces from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? Let me know in the comments section below!