Happy Friday! I’m kicking off the weekend with a new series my favorite of my favorite links around the Interwebs. I’ve shared iterations of a weekly recap before, but felt inspired by Hallie to revamp the formatting by order of importance: shopping, worthy reads and, of course, the latest and greatest around these parts. I’m all about spicing things up from time to time!
Last weekend, we went to Long Beach on Long Island to celebrate our friend Dara’s birthday and I think I started a love affair with the little beach town. It only took us 45 minutes to get there from NYC by train, but it felt like we were back on the West Coast for a moment. We spent the afternoon soaking up the sun and eating all of the fish tacos and I’m already itching to go back. I totally recommend it for a quick escape from the city!
The plans for this weekend? Mild to moderate activity. We’re staying put, which I’m genuinely excited about. It means I get to go back to my morning workout routine, have a lazy brunch with friends and maybe even re-enact our picnic in the park with the pup.
Anyways, here are my favorite clickables for the week.I hope you enjoy! Happy weekending, my friends!
- Because it doesn’t get much better than a scalloped skirt – unless, that is, you’re talking about a striped scalloped skirt.
- Definitely taking this hat with me to Italy.
- Ann Taylor’s new arrivals are here and they are on a whole new level. I’m talking about this red dress, this suede crossbody and these fringe heels. Hot damn!
- The top contender for my birthday dress next week.
- I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect shades all summer. First I ordered these in white and then these in pink, but ended up returning both. Sunglasses fit so weird on my head that I ended up buying a third pair of the frames that I always wear – but this time in tan! I think I have a problem.
Links I Loved
- The Everygirl approves of rocking a jumpsuit on a first date. Get it.
- Add these energy balls by my friend Sarah to your recipe list. They’re ridiculously delish!
- All of my fashion illustrators in one colorful roundup (#8 happens to be a drawing of yours truly!).
- What to do with that non-functioning fireplace of ours.
- Now taking applications for a third wheel.
In Case You Missed It