Today, I’m partnering with Nordstrom to share my makeup essentials whenever I’m tight on time.
Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Soft Brown / Laura Mercier Eyeshadow Stick in Au Natural / Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner / Charlotte Tilbury Contour Palette / NARS Blush in Orgasm / Charlotte Tilbury Matte Lipstick in Pillow Talk / Urban Decay Setting Spray
The only time you’ll really find me with a full face of makeup is when I’m taking blog photos. Most of the time – especially during the week when I head to work – I don’t have the time or energy, so my usual routine only takes me five minutes. No frills and falsies – here are the three things I focus on:
1. Eyebrow Pencil: I love my eyebrows sharp and defined – I think it makes such a difference when framing your face. I’ve been using Anastasia’s Brow Wiz Pencil in ‘soft brown’ for years. I’ve tried others but always found myself going back to this powerful little pencil – I love that it gives me precision and the ability to build up the definition.
2. Eyeshadow Stick: I love playing around with a full eyeshadow palette, but when I’m tight on time and low on energy, a couple swipes of Laura Mercier’s eyeshadow stick is all I need (it glides on so easily!). During the day, I’m not looking for dramatic eyes – just a little dimension.
3. Eyeliner: Unless I’m taking blog photos, I’ll skip the mascara and eye lashes. Instead, I rely on a jet black liquid eyeliner to make my eyes pop. Urban Decay’s Perversion Eye Pen has been my go-to for years (bonus points for being waterproof!).
4. Contour / Bronzer: Next, I’ll add a little bit of color and dimension to the rest of my face. I started using Charlotte Tilbury’s Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Duo last year and I love how pigmented the bronzer and the highlighter are. I usually swipe the bronzer along my cheekbones, jawlines and the sides of my forehead.
5. Blush: I remember NARS blush was the first makeup product that I ever “invested” in beyond my drugstore buys (that was before I realized how expensive and addicting makeup could be!). The shade ‘Orgasm’ has been my go-to for nearly a decade now. Just a brush of it on the apples of my cheeks is enough to give me a rosy glow.
6. Setting Spray: When I can remember, I’ll finish off with the Urban Decay setting spray to lock in the makeup and hydration.
Bonus: I don’t normally wear lipstick to work, but I do for photos – Charlotte Tilbury’s matte lipstick in ‘Pillow Talk‘ has been the only shade I’ve worn for the past few years.
Thank you Nordstrom for sponsoring this post!