I’m partnering with Nordstrom to share my exact skincare routine!
Tula Acne Foam Cleanser / Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator / Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask / Rodial Collagen Drops / Peter Thomas Roth Poten-C Power Eye-Cream / Tula Acne Spot Treatment / Fresh Deep Hydration Moisturizer
Let me preface this post with the fact that I’m not a skincare expert. My own personal routine has been shaped primarily by beauty bloggers, product reviews and years of trial and error as I try to understand what my skin needs. For reference: I’ll be 34 years old in a few days and have generally dry skin that is prone to hormonal acne.
Thankfully, Nordstrom has a massive beauty selection full of my favorite skincare brands, including Tula, Fresh, Peter Thomas Roth and more (I’m working on a whole separate post with my makeup routine!). Today, I’m breaking down the products I’m currently loving and use regularly.
1. Clean (nightly): I wash my face nightly and started using Tula two years ago – originally using the Purifying Face Cleanser before graduating to the Keep It Clean Acne Foam Cleanser. The blogger hype is real – incorporating it into my regular skincare routine has helped tame my acne. Granted, my hormonal acne will never completely go away, but I’ve gone from having a chin full of pimples to maybe one or two per month.
2. Exfoliate (1-2x per week): I didn’t start exfoliating regularly until a three or four years ago when I realized my makeup was looking cake-y because of all of the dry, dead skin on my face (gross!). I’ll either use the Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator for a quick scrub or the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask if I have a little more time on my hands – this mask is intense and burns a little, so beware if you have sensitive skin! Either way, exfoliating leaves my face feeling brand new.
3. Serums: Lately, I’ve been loving Rodial’s Collagen Drops and the Peter Thomas Roth Poten-C Power Serum. Both have their own purposes – the collagen drops promote skin elasticity and regeneration, while the vitamin C serum is great for treating scars and supporting firmness.
4. Spot Treatment: On those hormonal acne days (ugh), I’ll top any pimples with Tula Acne Spot Treatment.
5. Moisturize: I’m on my third or fourth jar of Fresh Deep Hydration Moisturizer. The scent isn’t too overpowering and the texture of the cream isn’t too thick. Basically, it’s just right and I wake up in the morning with my skin feeling super hydrated!
Thank you Nordstrom for sponsoring this post!